Are you considering dental cleaning in the Scottsdale area? Our office offers laser dental cleaning. Getting a laser teeth cleaning can be a great way to ensure teeth stay healthy and potentially avoid serious oral health concerns that develop with the teeth and the supporting structures.
Benefits of Using Laser in Hygiene
- Allows for more predictable outcomes
- Decontaminates to reduce bacteria in the sulcus
- Prevents tissue inflammation
- Prevents further tissue destruction
- Treatment of gingival inflammation in addition to traditional methods
- Reduces biofilm
- Stimulates tissue healing and regeneration
- Photobiomodulation (PBM) – A form of light therapy that utilizes non-ionizing forms of light sources in the visible and infrared spectrum. It is a nonthermal process which results in beneficial therapeutic outcomes including but not limited to the alleviation of pain or inflammation, immunomodulation, and promotion of wound healing and tissue regeneration (NIH).
- Stimulates fibroblasts and osteoblasts
- Improves healing
- Decreases discomfort
- Offers the optimum treatment option to the patient
- There are no contraindications to using the laser
Laser Bacterial Reduction
Laser Bacterial Reduction (LBR) is painless and is added to your Periodontal Maintenance or continued care hygiene appointment. This procedure will take approximately five (5) minutes and no anesthetic is necessary. This will reduce the bacteria in the diseased gums, and stimulate new cell growth and healing of the tissues. This is used to help prevent the start of inflammation and/or help to prevent further periodontal breakdown.
Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy
Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy (LAPT) is a procedure that is performed using local or topical anesthetic. Ultrasonic and hand scalers are used to debride the tooth and root surface removing deposits and embedded toxins. After the root surfaces are treated, the laser is then used to selectively debride the diseased infected tissues and remove embedded bacteria in the pocket (gum) wall which helps regenerate new healthy tissue. Due to the lasers ability to seal off nerve endings and blood vessels, the procedure is much more comfortable with less post-operative discomfort than with conventional methods.
Laser Treatment of Aphthous Ulcers and Herpetic Lesions
The treatment of aphthous ulcers or herpetic lesions (cold sores or canker sores) with a diode laser is a painless and comfortable procedure requiring no anesthetic. This procedure only takes a few minutes. The laser is effective at reducing viral and bacterial particles, inflammation, severity, and the reoccurrence of the lesion. The lesion will still go through it’s normal healing stages but at a much-accelerated rate (typically reducing a 10–14-day healing time to a 3–5-day healing time). There is normally immediate relief from a single treatment.